I adore chicken pot pie, but it can be a pain to make from scratch. I came up with a recipe that's no fuss and can be made ahead of time, refridgerated up to 14 hours, then baked and ready to eat!
1 cup chopped carrots steamed
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup chopped potato steamed
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 cup cooked chopped chicken
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can green peas
2 packages crescent rolls (I used reduced fat)
2 tbsp oil
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
2. Steam your carrots and potatoes for 10 minutes to soften them up.
3. Take the first crescent roll package and roll it out on your pan (8 x 8 works best). pinch and pull the dough up so it comes up the sides. If you want a firm bottom crust, bake in the oven for 7 minutes before the next step.
4. Next, sauté your onions in the oil until the translucent. Add everything together in one bowl save for the second crescent roll package, mix well and add on top of the cresent dough.
5. Roll the remaining package of crescent rolls on top and bake for 40 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the internal temperature reaches 165 F. Cool for 5-10 minutes, cut, serve, and enjoy!!